Saturday 23 May 2015

LanLan 2x2 Review

Hey Guys,

When I ordered my DaYan ZhanChi 3x3 cube (See my post about it here), I saw a recommendation for the LanLan 2x2 on Amazon here. It was only £2.50 (~$3.80) so I thought, what the heck, and bought it too. It was being delivered from China, and so took ~3 weeks to arrive, but it came a week ago, and I have been using it since.

First of all, I must say that it is definitely not the best 2x2 out there, but that would be expected as it was so cheap. When I got it the turning was clunky, and it was very tight. I have since loosened it and it is now better, but still cannot corner-cut and is barely finger-trickable. I put some silicone lubricant in it, but it is very strange and seized up the cube, making it difficult to move. This was what happened when I lubed my Rubik's 3x3 so I expected it, and after a few days of using it, it became faster than it originally was. I learnt to solve it by learning the 2-alg beginner’s method, and am now learning the Ortega method.


All in all, I would only recommend this if you are not a speedcuber, and are looking for a generic 2x2 for a low price. This was not what I expected, but I guess you get what you pay for. 



Make sure to keep checking here to see the latest tech news!

No comments :

Post a Comment